Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Updates

So, on a shamlessly superficial note-I chopped it off! My hair is now the shortest I've ever had it-it's about chin length with layers and a little bit of bangs. Don't you love getting a new look-all day it's been compliments. It's a bit too short to put up in a ponytail (what an excuse to not work out. . .). I think I'm brave enough to go even shorter in the future-probably none of you saw the movie the prince and me, but of course I did cuz Julia Stiles was in it and I watch all her movies. (yeah, even "O" and this one weird freudian movie where she was in love with her father. . .) But I really liked her hair in the movie The Prince and Me, I'll keep this length for a while, but i think that next time I'll be a bit braver and go that length.

Other good news: my mom went to get tested to see if the cancer in our family is genetic or a family history. The test results came back and it is not genetic! That is great news, if it were genetic then I would have up to an 85% chance of getting breast cancer in my lifetime. But it's not genetic, so I basically have the same chances as anyone else. As you know, my mom, aunt, and grandma all have/had breast cancer. Here's a link if you are curious about genetic testing.

Oh I really hope the new kids in fmla are keeping up the boob bake sale tradition.

4 Comments:

Blogger friday said...

awesome...i would love to see pics...i chopped mine too...awww, but how can you do the generic librarian bun with pencil style now?!

11:21 AM  
Blogger friday said...

i looked up the stiles pics from that movie and her hair is at the chin...and honestly, i dig her too...and yes, I even saw "O"...at the theater...many moons ago...she's rawr...hott.

2:33 PM  
Blogger acakai said...

maybe it was her that I kept admiring all through that movie and not the hairstyle. No really, I loved her hair in that movie. Mine is probably a few inches longer, hers was more like mid-cheek length (http://www.unreel.co.uk/reviews/t/The_Prince_and_me/cod.jpg) Well, I'll email you pics soon

4:35 PM  
Blogger sylence said...

hey you! i would love to see pics, as well! my hair just keeps growing and growing. many a time, i have often been close to getting out those scissors, but something always keep from doing it. ah well.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home