Sunday, August 14, 2005

So....

Haven't written in a while have I!? Only because there's really not much goin' on here. Chris Tucker's in town, but I found out too late and the tickets are all sold out. DARN IT! Celebrated our one year wedding anniversary in Orlando (it's pretty cool living here-one weekend we go to Key Largo, the next we go to Orlando....very nice. Much better than San Antonio or Houston, have to say...) You know what I miss-well several things, but I miss Chipotle! So if any of my peeps from Tejas still read this, go there for me and get a veggie bowl! I found one in Orlando (after we went) and we just might make a trip just to get lunch there! (hmm, maybe stay for dinner too...)

I fell soo... antisocial/loner-like. Seriously, how do grown ups make friends!? Now that I've officially entered this strange world of adulthood, I'm kind of lost in that area. All my life I made friends through school, now I work with some nice peeps, but how do I meet people outside of that!? GRRRRR>> and my schedule doesn't help either since I work some evenings and every Saturday. Suggestions? I'm thinking about joining the AAUW, but geez they actually have dues, have to see if it is worth it. Don't get me wrong, I have acquaintances, it's just hard for me to really like BOND and make close friends. But then that's always been a problem-not sure why that is.

Anyway, I really don't know if anyone still reads this anymore! I feel like it's been ages since I moved, hey wait, I did turn 25 here! A quarter of a century! I'm getting up there.

By the way, I'm reading The Time Traveler's Wife, and it is SUCH a good book, highly recommend it!

7 Comments:

Blogger sylence said...

hey, i still read your blog. i was quite happy to see that you posted something new! yeah, it's difficult finding friends once you are out of school. hell, i had a hard enough time finding friends while i was in school! but, they come around when you least expect it. you're not antisocial...you're just too sophisticated for everyone around you. haha! hang in there, ice!

1:28 PM  
Blogger acakai said...

Truth be told, I did have a hard enough time finding friends while I was in school as well. You, though, NOOOO!
I'm so glad you still read my blog! Me sophisticated!? No, more like the same awkward geek I've always been with painfully obvious low self esteem! Geez I sound like I'm really raggin' on myself here, I'm not that unhappy I promise!

6:18 AM  
Blogger thomas71970jones said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:50 PM  
Blogger friday said...

hey, i was thinking of joining aauw too...that's crazy...i have never been good at meeting folks at school...tried it a few times...made a couple...lost a couple...guess i am still in the same place i started...and even in derby i have yet to really make friends...mainly because many of them just live different lifestyles than i do or are really out-going (which frightens me sometimes) or they are put off by my strong commitments to my beliefs (i.e. refusing to fundraise at sonic or participate in carwashes in strip club parking lots)...i guess it is just hard to find folks who fit, you know...but isn't it interesting that our little loser club is still up and running...if only on the internet...p.s.i thought of you when driving by the eBay offices here in cali...it is a very colourful campus they have...i will send you pics...i swear i have already taken over a hundred pics...mostly of aliens...but there will be more!

1:51 PM  
Blogger acakai said...

oh friday, you so silly . . . everyone who meets you loves you! Yeah, I don't think I would be down with a car wash at a strip club either.

No way you were thinking of joining aauw too!? Neat! Maybe that's a sign I should join after all :)

our little loser club has lost a few peeps, no? Ah well, we're the true misfits I suppose.

7:31 PM  
Blogger friday said...

a few peeps? ummm, as i remember there was me you and sylence...whether or mot she wants to continue being a loser with us if up to her...but i think she'll make the right choice..we are where it's at!

12:02 PM  
Blogger sylence said...

hey, i'm still a loser and don't you forget it!!! geez! wait. damn.

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home