Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Been lethargic

So I've never lived alone-with the exception of the one summer I was an ensurer of hygenic guest services (yeah, I cleaned rooms one summer in college, in exchange for free room and board plus a higher than campus job wage...why do I always feel like I have to defend this?) Okay, I was a maid, a janitor, a room-cleaner. But that's beside the point.

After I left my parents house at the tender age of 18, I lived in dorms, with roommates. Then I moved in with my now husband. So last week when he was out of town, was very strange. I couldn't sleep, it's not that I was incredibly scared or lonely or worried, I think I'm just not used to sleeping alone. Living alone. So I was very tired all last week, and slept virtually all weekend (such a good night's sleep his first night back!) By the way, where did he go? Well, back to the republic, right here we came from just a couple months ago. Lucky bastard got to eat good Mexican food AND see his friends! One of my acquaintances here said she could completely relate-that she lived alone for about a year and pretty much didn't sleep during that time-she remembered being tired until she moved in with someone else. "Why are you always wanting to sleep?" he would ask her.

I don't think I went more than one day in the past week without some form of coffee. I must say, it has been giving me a nice boost! And I saw on Oprah that it's good for your bowel movements (they should be shaped like an "S" or a banana, by the way...small pebbles are NOT good...)

I have no idea what the point of this is. More power to those of you who can live alone! And keep your poop in check!

1 Comments:

Blogger sylence said...

thank you, ice, for the wonderful information. living alone...sigh. it has it's ups and downs. but, you get used to not having anyone around. when i visit my family, i am so overwhelmed with people surrounding me that i end up breaking down. and it's not very pretty. i find myself always trying to get away and my family ends up taking it personally. hard to explain to those who have never been alone--like almost every member of my family. glad your hubby's back. i feel saddened that he didn't make his presence known. :( jerk.

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home