Saturday, April 02, 2005

Has it been that long?

I suppose I've been a little busy, with my new job, hanging out with family, etc. This is my first lonely saturday night. You know when you get off work and you're ready to relax/have fun, whatever? Yeah, my husband's doing inventory and I'm all by my lonesome. I know I've only been here a few weeks, but I'm already like "AGGH, I need to find some friends!" Like last night, my hubby and I went out to dinner, and all we could talk about was work! Yuck, we need to get lives. At first there was so much to be done, you know how it is moving to a new place, now that we're settled, what to do with free time now? well, actually there's still quite a bit to be done, but I just need some sort of social outlet!

I did sign up to join this kickball team (at work) but it turns out it is really expensive to join. But hey, I named the team (we voted on a team name, and my suggestion won, woo-hooo!). I'm just not sure if I can afford it ($63 a person, that's $126 for both of us to play!-yeah, cuz he needs to get friends too, duh!)

There was this cool chick at work, and I really liked her cuz she reminded me of my friends from the republic, but she's gone, she moved to another state (guess where, only where my favorite person lives!) and she left because she said she couldn't find any cool people down here to hang out with. (by the way I had a dream about her last night: first I kissed her, this really bizarre lip-barely touching-lip awkward kiss, and afterward she said "My mom said you'd kiss like that" or something along those lines because I'd never kissed a girl before, then I planted a real kiss on her, and she was taken aback, and I was like "yeah, damn right" Interpretations, please!)

Sorry to just be rambling on like this, but hey I've got all night! Hah! If you read this far, you are a great friend, and all I need to do is find some local peeps like you-someone to get a drink with, go shopping with, and all that jazz.

So that's how I'm feeling tonight.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know, if you moved to vb you would be able to do all those things... and so would i. transfer here!!!! heh. what did you name the team?

8:58 AM  
Blogger friday said...

what a grat dream...i know how it feels living without a social outlet...i will have to send you photos of lucky lou getting her ass kicked by sylence during roller derby arm wrestling...the guns were fully-loaded yet i couldn't get the damn safety off...

9:13 AM  
Blogger sylence said...

what a great dream, indeed! interpretations--well, you said this girl reminded you of a lady from the republic, so your dream girl obviously represented the republic girl and you just did what you wanted to do to the republic girl all along. i mean, if it's the lady of the republic i'm thinking of, i'd-a had a similar dream...oh wait, i do.
yeah, ice, lucky lou gave it her best, but sylence came out on top. teehee.

8:35 PM  
Blogger acakai said...

Yes, send me a picture! My desk is awfully empty, seriously I need some pics/decorations to spice it up a bit.

Interesting interpretation there, sylence. Dammit I knew I shouldn't have said anything, you read me like a book, just like a book....

5:03 PM  
Blogger friday said...

by "republic" did you mean OUR republic? because we are one you know!

5:27 PM  
Blogger sylence said...

heehee. i read you like a book...and your a librarian...get it? heehee. ahem. sigh.

7:06 PM  
Blogger sylence said...

damn. that should have been "you're" and not "your." i really do know how to spell correctly and all dat jazz.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home