Sunday, February 20, 2005

Still me

I was at my parents' house this weekend, visiting and picking up some old stuff. You know what I noticed? I'm still pretty much the same as I was when I lived there as a teenager. My wall was covered with pics of friends and poetry like a poem called "dear mr. president" that talks about the problems we have in this country that are ignored, poems on ending hatred, a poem titled "Censorship is unamerican," quotes on being prochoice, quotes about being yourself, quotes on increasing and accepting diversity, etc.

I know I've changed in some ways, like I'm not as sad/depressed as I was then, and I'm not as self-conscious as I was, and I've definitely put on some pounds (there were old clothes too that did not fit, I couldn't even get one skirt over my j-lo butt). But in so many ways, I'm still the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home