Monday, November 15, 2004

Mix it up!

November 16 is Mix it up at lunch day! This is a day for kids in school to eat lunch at a different table and meet different people from different backgrounds. Do you remember lunch period, back in the day? Let me just say that I remember being a sophomore and at my lunch table my friends were Indian, Greek, White, Philipino, and my long-time crush was African-American, who would occasionally come over from his table, or I would go to his. And I remember looking around and my table was one of the few with a mix of ethnic backgrounds. Yes, I remember this voluntary segregation as I call it (I even wrote a whole paper on this concept in college and how to improve it!) Anyway, if you know anyone who is a teen, inform them of this day. Granted, every day should be a mix it up day, but this is a good start, verdad?


2 Comments:

Blogger whatupthen said...

Please everyone make some effort to mix it up a bit, not just the teenagers!

3:30 PM  
Blogger acakai said...

True that! Everyone needs to mix it up, whether a teen or not! Thanks for the comment!

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home